MED-TAB v2 Medical Tablet with 1 hotswap year warranty
Ready for a true "outside the box" medical imaging solution with superior portability
SO ARE WE.
The world’s first and only DICOM-calibrated portable workstation.
Your only superior, portable medical image solution.
Created by a radiologist for imaging specialists.
Winner of the prestigious international iF Design Award.
Image Analysis Anywhere and Everywhere
The world’s first portable DICOM calibrated medical image display – MED-TAB.
View, analyze, send images anytime, anywhere.
Medical imaging professionals are now free to work beyond the confines of a darkened room, confident in the knowledge of standards-compliant quality and taking no risks with viewing conditions.
In MED-TAB, PLUM Medical Solutions, a new company dedicated exclusively to innovation in medical imaging, has created a unique and patented product for today’s changing world.
- consistent high-quality
- unprecedented portability and access
- safe and precise image analysis anywhere
A game-changer in teleradiology and portable imaging.
Read more about how MED-TAB solves pain points for imaging professionals in this whitepaper.
Get Used to Amazing Efficiency with MED-TAB
Functions on the Android 6.0 operating system
Is available with the zero-footprint HTML5 DICOM viewer iQ-4VIEW or the Android App PORT-RAY (sold separately).
MED-TAB supports most major PACS vendors using HTML5 zero footprint technology.
Nearly all PACS functions, like zoom/pan, comparisons, measurements, 3D reconstruction, etc., are possible – from anywhere – with this DICOM-enabled pad.
HDMI port connects the device to a larger display / data projector for peer sharing. (Device supports full HDMI only.)
Easy to use & Intuitive
1. Use your fingers, a mouse, a keyboard, or a Philips SPEECHMIKE to navigate the touch screen of the portable 13.3” reading station
2. After logging into a PACS via wireless LAN, simply tap images to analyze
3. Perform reporting tasks via voice recognition or the digital dictation tool included in the software
Created by a radiologist for imaging specialist
MED-TAB is the work of a team of innovative experts across the medical imaging industry, including physicians and radiologists.
After 15 years of experience in reading medical imaging studies, Dr. Arpad Bischof realized he could do his job more efficiently if he had access to mobile technology with the right software. Arpad and his team at PLUM Medical Solutions implemented a plan that would allow him and potentially other physicians to study medical images in high-quality on a DICOM-enabled portable device. The end result is MED-TAB, the world’s first portable medical imaging workstation.
MED-TAB – not just another tablet
It’s the first portable medical imaging workstation, designed for DICOM compliance and built with essential medical features, including:
- Patented GSDF grayscale calibration
- Anti-glare screen
- Ambient light measurement and monitoring
- A custom-designed measuring pen
- DICOM Part 14 compatibility
- Standards-compliant brightness & resolution
- MDD Medical Device Class I
- MED-TAB – for freedom, convenience and increased productivity in radiology
- MED-TAB offers the only patented 11 bit portable GSDF compliant DICOM grayscale calibration
- Special pen for measurement
- Up to 10x more accurate and three times faster than using fingers on the touchscreen
The unique USB grayscale adjustment tool provides optimum image visibility
Improve image analysis with the anti-glare screen
Eliminate guesswork with ambient light sensor
Indicates whether or not the surrounding light is suitable
for image analysis
Enjoy a screen that is more than 65% larger*
than the iPad Air 2 and the Galaxy Tab 4
*According to area and not diagonal distance
- High resolution 2 MP (1920 x 1080) display
- 11-bit DICOM grayscale calibration (GSDF compliant) at >350 cd/m2 according to measurement for USA
- 2 Operating modes (DICOM and Color)
- Android 6.0 Operating System
- Quad Core 1.8 GHz CPU for fast operation
- Bluetooth 4.0 for connecting a wireless headset, mouse or Philips SpeechMike
- Durable battery for long term portable operation ¡V over 3h in DICOM mode
- Patented DICOM-Calibration Hardware
- Kensington lock
- Non-slip case with manual portrait-landscape pivot
- Weight 1.1 kg / 2.4 lbs excl. case
- Extendable storage of up to 128 GB
- Dual Micro USB 2.0 slots for flash drive, keyboard and mouse
- Ambient Light Sensor
- Colour-Mono GSDF
- Sensor Pen for precise measurement
- WiFi 801.11 b/g/h
Note: Specifications subject to change without notice