The Smart Way to Manage Your Radiation Protection
Bar-Ray Products introduces SmartID™, a web-based inspection and inventory asset management system for radiation protection products.
Each item comes tagged with a unique QR code that can be scanned with any mobile device’s QR code reader or managed through a desktop computer to record inventory and inspection information for each piece.
Your facility’s web-based database, complete with product details and inspection report history, is fully accessible—without special software or scanning equipment—to staff as well as The Joint Commission (TJC) inspectors.
Benefits of Bar-Ray's SmartID™ system include:
- No special software or equipment needed.
- Maintain a cumulative record of inspection dates and results for each product in your inventory.
- Manage the inspection process through your personal computer or mobile device.
- Color coded rings indicating the year the aprons were last tested, are available. Contact us for more information.
- SmartID™ does not require any start-up, monthly, or annual hidden costs. Plus, there is no charge for labels to tag existing aprons.
- Need to add labels to the aprons in your existing inventory? Our personnel can visit your facility to personally assist you with the label application process.
- With the cloud-based storage capabilities of SmartID™, you can be confident knowing that your inventory inspection reports are safely stored and accessible at all times.
What is SmartID™?
- An easy system to manage your radiation protection inventory.
- A built-in inspection history record for each item.
- A database accessible to your staff and The Joint Commission (TJC) inspectors.
- SmartID™ uses QR codes to access and track inventory. You don’t need external software or specialized RFID tags; just use your smartphone, mobile device, or a traditional desktop computer to instantly access data.
- With the SmartID™ web-based interface, TJC inspectors can validate inspection procedures and item status without physically being present for audit and accountability inspections.
SmartID™ Tag + Smartphone = Easy Inventory Tracking
The built-in inspection history record distinguishes SmartID™ from other systems. The inspection history report maintains a cumulative record of inspection dates and inspection results for each product in inventory. You can easily print or export the data to a spreadsheet as needed. The system can also be used to manage the inspection process with customizable parameters, such as reminder dates and inspection due dates, for sending notifications when products in inventory are due for inspection.
Fully accessible through a web-based interface, SmartID™ allows TJC inspectors to validate inspection procedures and materials status without physically being on-site at hospitals and imaging facilities to conduct audit and accountability inspections. Beyond TJC inspections, however, SmartID™ enables you to maintain compliance with safety requirements for radiation protection materials and improve safety standards within your facility.
Retrofit SmartID to Exisiting Garments
Existing non Bar-Ray radiation protection garments can be fitted with SmartID QR codes and added to the record system. We have a the QR codes available on a roll to do this, just ask us!
SmartID™ is a trademark of Bar-Ray Products, Inc.
ApronID™ is a trademark of Bar-Ray Products, Inc.