Eizo ColorEdge CS2420 24" LCD Monitor
Free EIZO Hood or Sensor on purchase of a CS monitor
Starting today until Dec 31st 2019, we are bundling your choice of a Hood or a Sensor ($300+ extra value) with our 2 most popular CS models. Take advantage of this great offer and streamline your workflow for 2020.
Easy Screen-to-Print Colour Matching
Quick Colour Match Software
CS2420 and QCMEven with all the right equipment, colour matching can be a tedious process - from monitor adjustment to determining the best retouch software and printer settings - achieving an accurate print takes a great deal of time. Quick Colour Match greatly simplifies the process by automatically adjusting to the ideal monitor, retouching software, and printer settings so you can focus on editing your photos and print your work quickly and hassle-free. Simply drag and drop your photo in the Quick Colour Match window to automatically start the process.
ColorNavigator 7 Software
ColorNavigator 7 is the latest calibration and quality control software for ColorEdge colour management monitors. It combines all the features of EIZO's previous colour management software, ColorNavigator 6 and ColorNavigator NX, to create a new and improved solution for creatives in a range of fields. The proprietary software performs hardware calibration by directly utilizing the LUT (look-up-table) of the monitor for higher precision and better gradation characteristics compared to software calibration.
Features for Creative Work
Vivid Colours Reproduced to Industry Standards
colour reproduction areaThe wide colour gamut of the ColorEdge CS2420 reproduces almost the entire Adobe RGB colour space so images shot in Adobe RGB will be displayed correctly. Photos of vibrant blue skies and lush green forests are reproduced faithfully in a way that monitors limited to an sRGB colour space cannot display. The wide colour gamut also ensures reproduction of almost the entire ISO-coated and US web-coated CMYK colour spaces used in printing.
10-bit Simultaneous Display
Using the DisplayPort or HDMI inputs, the ColorEdge CS2420 offers 10-bit simultaneous display* from a 16-bit look-up-table (LUT) which means it can show more than one billion colours simultaneously. This is 64 times more colours than you get with 8-bit display, resulting in smooth colour gradations and reduced Delta-E between two adjacent colours.
Adjusted at the Factory for Smooth Colour Gradations
The gamma level for each ColorEdge monitor is adjusted at the factory by measuring the R, G, and B gamma values from 0 - 255, then using the monitor's 16-bit look-up-table (LUT) to select the most appropriate tones and achieve the desired value. This ensures the smoothest colour gradations in your images.
Uniformity Across the Screen
LCD monitors commonly exhibit fluctuations in brightness and chromaticity across the screen, affecting colour accuracy. To counter this, ColorEdge monitors are equipped with EIZO's patented digital uniformity equalizer (DUE) technology which corrects deviations in every tone across the screen to ensure stable display.
Wide Viewing Angles with IPS Panel
The 178° wide viewing angles afforded by the IPS panel technology allow two or more people to view the screen at once with little change in colour or contrast.
Sleek, User-Friendly Design
The slim cabinet features unobtrusive frames that are 39% slimmer than its predecessor's so you can focus more on the screen.
Seamless Electrostatic Switches
The flat design uses electrostatic switches on the front bezel in place of traditional buttons for seamless access to monitor settings.
Built-in Carrying Handle
A carrying handle on the back of the monitor allows you to easily move it from one location to another.
Easy-Access USB Ports
The monitor is equipped with three easy-to-access USB 3.0 ports, including one port for battery charging devices such as a smartphone.
Features for Comfort and Ease-of-Use
Minimized Reflections with Non-Glare Panel
The monitor is equipped with an IPS non-glare panel for high visibility. It also uses dimming technology to minimize flicker and help prevent eye fatigue for a more comfortable working environment.
I/P Conversion for Flicker-Free Display
The HDMI input of the ColorEdge CS2420 supports I/P (interlace/progressive) conversion for converting the interlace signals from TV and video into progressive signals for flicker-free display.
Optional Light-Shielding Hood
An optional shading hood is available that effectively prevents glare on the monitor's screen caused by ambient lighting. The shading hood is newly designed and attaches to the monitor magnetically. This allows the users to attach the hood quickly and easily without needing to connect separate parts.
Ergonomic Stand for Comfort and Convenience
Adjust the screen to the most comfortable angle and reposition it to show your work to a colleague or client. The monitor comes with a versatile stand that offers height, tilt, and swivel adjustments as well as portrait display.
DisplayPort, HDMI, and DVI-D inputs are included and support various types of graphics boards. The HDMI input also offers direct connection with digital cameras.
Commitment to Quality
5-Year Manufacturer's Warranty
ColorEdge monitors are backed by a manufacturer's 5-year warranty that covers all components including the LCD panel*. EIZO manufactures its products at its own factories to allow close control over production quality and ensure each monitor is built to last.
Zero Bright Pixels
Zero bright policyEIZO guarantees its ColorEdge monitors will be free from bright sub-pixels for six months from the date of purchase.
Color Simulation Software
EIZO's UniColor Pro software simulates color blindness when used with select EIZO LCD monitors. It allows designers to see how their printed materials, signs, web contents, videos, etc. will appear to those with color blindness.
Used by Professional Creatives Worldwide
In 2015, EIZO established the ColorEdge Ambassador Program which showcases professional photographers, designers, filmmakers, and other creatives who are committed to inspiring and educating artists around the world. EIZO's Ambassadors – all of them ColorEdge users – are passionately dedicated to their craft and prepare the best equipment for realizing their creative vision.
- Type: IPS
- Backlight: Wide-Gamut LED
- Size: 24.1" / 61.1 cm
- Native Resolution: 1920 x 1200 (16:10 aspect ratio)
- Viewable Image Size (H x V): 518.4 x 324.0 mm
- Pixel Pitch: 0.270 x 0.270 mm
- Pixel Density: 94ppi
- Grayscale Tones: DisplayPort, HDMI: 1,024 tones (a palette of 65 thousand tones), DVI: 256 tones (a palette of 65 thousand tones)
- Display Colours: DisplayPort, HDMI: 1.07 billion from a palette of 278 trillion, DVI: 16.77 million from a palette of 278 trillion
- Viewing Angles (H / V, typical): 178°, 178°
- Brightness (typical): 350 cd/m2
- Recommended Brightness for Calibration: 120 cd/m2 or less
- Contrast Ratio (typical): 1000:1
- Response Time (typical): 15 ms (gray-to-gray)
- Colour Gamut (typical): Adobe RGB: 99%
- Input Terminals: DisplayPort (HDCP 1.3), HDMI (Deep Color, HDCP 1.4), DVI-D (HDCP 1.4)
- Digital Scanning Frequency (H / V): DisplayPort, DVI: 26 - 78 kHz, 24 - 61 Hz, HDMI: 15 - 78 kHz, 24 - 61 Hz
- Upstream: USB 3.1 Gen 1: Type-B
- Downstream: USB 3.1 Gen 1: Type-A x 3 (Battery Charging 10.5 W max. x1)
- Power Requirements: AC 100 - 240 V, 50 / 60 Hz
- Typical Power Consumption: 26W
- Maximum Power Consumption: 92W
- Power Save Mode: 0.7W or less
- Standby Mode: 0.6W or less
Features & Functions
- Digital Uniformity Equalizer: Yes
- Preset Modes: Colour Mode (Custom, Adobe RGB, sRGB, Calibration)
- OSD Languages: English, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Others: Colour Adjustment (Brightness, Temperature, Gamma, Color Gamut, Hue, Saturation, Clipping, Gain, Independent 6-Color Control, Reset), Picture Expansion (Auto, Full Screen, Aspect Ratio, Dot by Dot), Input Color Format, Input Range, Noise Reduction, Auto Iuput Detection, Menu Rotation, USB CHARGE Port, Power Save, Indicatior, Beep, Input Skip, Mode Skip, Signal Info, Monitor Info, Key Lock, DP Power Save, DUE Priority, Signal Format, Monitor Reset, I/P Conversion
- Dimensions (Landscape, W x H x D): 554.4 x 396 - 551 x 245 mm
- Dimensions (Portrait, W x H x D): 362 x 565.4 - 647.2 x 245 mm
- Dimensions (Without Stand, W x H x D): 554.4 x 362 x 64 mm
- Net Weight: 7.8 kg / 17.2 lbs
- Net Weight (Without Stand): 5.0 kg / 11.0 lbs
- Height Adjustment Range: 155 mm
- Tilt: 35° Up, 5° Down
- Swivel: 344°
- Pivot: 90°
- Hole Spacing (VESA Standard): 100 x 100 mm
- Operating Temperature: 0 - 35 °C
- Operating Humidity (R.H., non condensing): 20 - 80 %
- Certifications & Standards (Please contact EIZO for the latest information.): CB, CE, TUV/GS, cTUVus, FCC-B, CAN ICES-3 (B), TUV/S, PSE, VCCI-B, RCM, EAC, RoHS, WEEE, TUV/Ergonomics
- Dedicated Software
- Easy Screen-to-Print Colour Matching Tool Quick Colour Match:Supported
- Colour Management Software ColorNavigator 7 Supported
- Colour Management Software ColorNavigator 6 Supported
- (May vary by country. Please contact EIZO for details.)
- Signal Cables: DisplayPort (2 m), HDMI (2 m)
- Others: AC power cord, USB cable, Setup guide, EIZO LCD Utility Disk (ColorNavigator software, PDF user's manual), Quick reference, Warranty card
- Five Years (2, 5)
- 2: With current LCD / OLED technology, a panel may contain a limited number of missing or flickering pixels.
- 5: If the monitor is left on continuously over a long period of time, dark smudges or burn-in may appear. To maximize the life of the monitor, we recommend the monitor be turned off periodically.
- Zero bright sub-pixels for six months from date of purchase